In case you didn't notice from all the Facebook posts...it got hot! Really hot!
You either love it or hate it, I personally love a nice heatwave, having said that, I've been on the beach for the past 3 days!
A bit of heat isn't an excuse to stop running, but I would advise you to take it a little easier, we don't want you passing out on the trails now do we? You'll wake up with a funny tan line!
So here are a few simple tips to keep you on the trails in the sun, this isn't rocket science, but you'll be amazed how many people ignore these simple bits of advice.
1. Choose a shady route - Live near some woods what offer shade and cover from the sun? Sure, it will still be hot, but it will take the edge off.
2. Drink lots of water - Make sure you start your run nicely hydrated, sip water throughout and have a nice drink when you are done. Dehydration isn't fun, trust me on that, so be sensible and take some water with you. If you are feeling a bit sicky when you get home, have a dioralyte, it'll sort you out in no time.
3. Eat a salty snack - Either during, or after your run, make sure you eat something salty. When we sweat, we lose salt. Without salt in the body, we can't process water properly, if we can't process water properly, we inflate like a water balloon and feel crap!
4. Take it slowly - You don't need to run every session at a million miles an hour. Take it easy in the heat, enjoy some new trails and leave the watch at home.
5. Wear a hat and suncream - This is basically advice, but plenty of people ignore it. If you fancy a Running Adventures cap, let me know, they are only £10 with delivery.
Enjoy your running folks, have fun and take it easy.
I own Running Adventures.